General Atomics and Affiliated Companies Price/Cost Manager in San Diego, California
Job ID#: 18108BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Title: Price/Cost Manager
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
Travel Percentage Required: 0% - 25%
Clearance Required?: No
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Price/Cost Manager to work within our Contracts and Procurement team, located in Poway, CA.
This position is responsible for leading a team of professional price/cost analysts to develop independent cost and price recommendations to support proposals and negotiations with suppliers and government or commercial customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide leadership and technical direction to ensure quality and responsive price and cost analysis of supplier proposals.
Implement effective policy, procedures, and process improvements to establish performance standards and best practices for the price/cost analysis function.
Develop, monitor, and provide management reporting on performance metrics for price/cost analysis workload status, response time, and recommended savings.
Reconcile and resolve significant audit findings and customer issues on compliance.
May represent the organization with external contacts. Objectives are typically accomplished through professional staff.
Ensure cost and price analysis of supplier proposals are in accordance with applicable government procurement regulations.
Manage the planning, recruitment, training, development, and retention of personnel to ensure the availability of professional staff to support Company objectives.
Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or business administration and eleven or more years of professional experience in price/cost analysis, estimating and pricing, finance, subcontracts, or contracts, in a manufacturing and production environment, with at least five of those years in a supervisory capacity. MBA is desirable. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
(1) a thorough knowledge of the concepts, principles, and standard practices of cost and price analysis supporting government programs (i.e. DOD, DOE);
(2) experience working in a government contracting environment including interfacing with audit agencies such as the DCMA or the DCAA;
(3) a thorough knowledge of applicable procurement regulations (i.e. FAR, DFARS, CAS, DEAR); (4) the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads and staff to meet established milestones; and
(5) the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
Must be customer focused and possess:
(1) the ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity;
(2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences;
(3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external parties;
(4) the ability to represent the company on external projects; and
(5) excellent computer skills.
The ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
General Atomics and affiliated companies is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.