General Atomics and Affiliated Companies Manufacturing Planner in San Diego, California
Job ID#: 19556BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Title: Manufacturing Planner
Job Category: Manufacturing, Material and Production Control
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
Travel Percentage Required: 0% - 25%
Clearance Required?: No
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Planner to join the Production Control team within the Manufacturing department at GA-ASI, located in San Diego, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general direction, this position is responsible for support for a major project through the planning, preparing, issuing and controlling of production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Oversees budget, performance monitoring, analysis reports and may provide direction to support staff. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Keeps management appraised of potential schedule or fiscal problems by tracking, reviewing and evaluating plans, schedules and/or budgets for inaccuracies, inconsistencies or interface/support problems. Analyzes task/project cost and/or schedule variances and informs management. Provides manpower resource planning and allocation.
- Generates manufacturing work orders using Material Requirement Planning (MRP) planned order requirements as well as generating purchase requisitions for outside process and outside manufacturing services.
- Processes work orders and material transactions for non-conformance material dispositions. Interprets engineering change orders (ECO), implements dispositions affecting stock, work in progress, and NEXT assembly.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares purchase orders. Provides budgeting input and program funding tracking and pursuit.
- Alerts and/or recommends solutions to operating or project management to deviation from established norms. Prepares milestone coordination and reports.
- Interfaces with operating and support groups (Purchasing, Finance, QA) to collect data for preparation of schedules and reports as well as providing status reports to internal and external contacts. Works in close coordination with outside fabricators and processors.
Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Planning, Engineering, Production Control or a related discipline and six or more years progressive experience in planning, scheduling, budgeting and performance measurement. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
Must have a complete understanding of manufacturing planning principles, theories and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to apply advanced planning tools and techniques; and ability to read, interpret and explain engineering drawings.
Must be customer focused and possess:
(1) the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment;
(2) ability to organize, schedule and coordinate work phases;
(3) ability to determine the appropriate approach at the project level and provide innovative solutions to a range of moderately complex technical problems;
(4) organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit;
(5) strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and external representatives and to accurately document, report and present;
(6) ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
General Atomics and affiliated companies is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.